American Fringe 5
13 November 2020 - 15 November 2020 | 18:30 - 23:00
Location: Cinémathèque Française, 51 rue de Bercy, Paris 12e
American Fringe 5, the fifth edition of the Arts Arena-produced festival of ultra-independent American films, curated by Richard Peña, Director Emeritus of the New York Film Festival and Professor of Film Practices at Columbia University, and Laura Bloom Ingram, Vice-President of Icarus Films. In partnership with La Cinémathèque française and Festival d’Automne.
Each of the eight selected films will be followed by a Q&A with the director. All films are in English with French subtitles.
Free of charge for Arts Arena members.
For others, tickets at https://www.cinematheque.fr/cycle/american-fringe-saison-5-580.html
• Camperforce Brett Story, Jessica Bruder / USA / 2017 Sat. 14 nov 18h30
• Death and Bowling Lyle Kash / USA / 2020 Sat. 14 nov 21h15
• Erotic Fire of the Unattainable Frank Vitale / USA / 2019 Sat. 14 nov 16h00
• Film About a Father Who Lynne Sachs / USA / 2020 Fri. 13 nov 21h15
• Higher Love Hasan Oswald / USA / 2020 Sun. 15 nov 20h15
• Jasper Mall Bradford Thomason, Brett Whitcomb / USA / 2019 Sat. 14 nov 18h30
• La Bonita Maria del Mar Rosario / USA / 2018 Sat. 14 nov 21h15
• One Bedroom Darien Sills-Evans / USA / 2018 Sun. 15 nov 16h00
• Residuestrong Merawi Gerima / USA / 2020 Fri. 13 nov 19h00
• Rocio D Ario Guererro / USA / 2019 Sun. 15 nov 18h30
• Squirrel Alex Kavutskiy / USA / 2019 Sun.15 nov 16h00
A special ArtsArenaPLUS members event will be held with the directors of the eight selected films.